Sunday, October 24, 2010

MOMENTUM!!


I started writing this blog four weeks ago.  Three weeks ago I started waking up before work and exercising.

Tuesday I went to the doctor.

For the first time I can remember, I weighed less than I did the time before.

My good cholesterol is up.  My triglycerides and very bad cholesterol are down.

My mind is a bit boggled!

This weekend, my wife and I attended our church’s Fall Retreat.  It was held in the same spot as the youth summer camp.  The auditorium sits on a giant hill. 

I noticed halfway through my second trip to the summit that I was moving faster than I did in August.  I was winded, but less so!

Honestly I thought it would take longer to build momentum.

I’m ready to start again this week.

Part of me expected to have failed by now.  I already had excuses ready for when someone asked how the blog was going.

What’s more, my knee is sore AND I’m NNOOTT using it as a reason to stay on the couch.

Instead of setting unrealistic goals and failing before making it out of the gate, I have set a long-range goal and am content with small victories. 

I’m even starting to think I’ll get there.

And the next time I meet that hill, I’ll sprint up it…

You know, unless this knee’s acting up.

Baby Steps to 150.


1 comment: